In order for you to run a successful business and ensure that the level of excellence is maintained, you need to have a system in place that allows you to have a real-time overview of your business, services and IT environment. Blue Turtle has the right product to give you a holistic view of your business.
CMDB consolidates silos of data across hybrid data center environments into an enterprise-spanning perspective. It illustrates how infrastructure components and their physical and logical relationships connect to business and support services. CMDB also automates processes that can simplify the data capturing and maintenance of complex and dynamic relationships that exist across this infrastructure.
BMC Atrium CMDB is an industry-leading configuration management database (CMDB) that provides a “single source of truth” of the “people, processes and technologies that make up your business and your IT environment.”
The CMDB solution from Blue Turtle is a formidable ITIL-based configuration management database; it has been developed to demonstrate data relationships across complex hybrid data centers, including both private and public clouds.
The CMDB has data auditing and consolidation tools which enable seamless data configuration.
This solution has the following features:
- Integration with BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping ensures an accurate view of ITconfigurations (across servers, networks, software, and mainframes) and keeps service models current.
- BMC Atrium Integrator allows you to standardise on a single integration tool to transfer data from external data stores to the BMC Atrium CMDB. Its wizard interface simplifies integration, and templates enforce data-modeling best practices to ensure data consistency.
- Attribute-level normalisation and reconciliation allow you to leverage existing data from third-party asset or discovery tools and realize the goal of having one dependable source of configuration data.
- Federation provides data with service context across multi-vendor IT management environments, so you can take actions by automatically launching applications, such as service desk, to create a ticket.
The BMC Atrium CMDB is the first configuration management database to provide a centralised definition of services that bridge IT disciplines through all stages of the ITIL service lifecycle.
The CMDB has the following benefits:
- Service definitions provide the foundation for a centralized service catalog solution by allowing IT to define and store information about services in terms that the business understands.
- Service blueprints allow IT to define the enterprise architecture of each service in order to facilitate automated and repeatable provisioning and compliance enforcement across cloud platforms.
- Service models map IT infrastructure to the specific business services it supports, thus enabling service.
- Support and IT Operations to improve quality of service.
For more information