If you want to gain insight into your virtualised infrastructure, Blue Turtle has the solution for you.
Our Operations solution will allow you to visualise, analyse and optimise performance; additionally, this solution will assist you in assessing the health, risk, and efficiency of your virtual infrastructure.
Blue Turtle has partnered with Quest to provide FogLight™ for Virtualisation. This solution reduces operational costs, speeds deployments and simplifies the complexity of your data center infrastructure. Accelerate IT with an operations management suite that streamlines the implementation of virtualization and cloud computing initiatives.
FogLight® offers End-to-everything visualisation. Below is a list of the features that come with Blue Turtle’s Operations solution.
Heterogeneous hypervisor support
Blue Turtle’s Operations solution will enable you to manage VMware ESX, ESXi, View, vCloud Director and Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisors from one common console, ensuring consistency across diverse platform environments.
Detailed architectural representations
Our solution will allow you to see high-level graphical displays; it will highlight problem areas to help you quickly diagnose and fix problems in the virtual infrastructure.
Asset and configuration tracking
Blue Turtle’s Operations solution will allow you to Track the movement of VMs and their configuration changes from one physical server to another. It also allows for Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange monitoring.
Get visibility from the virtual machine (VM) down to the physical disk spindle to maximize storage infrastructure performance and availability.
Physical operating system (OS) monitoring
This feature offers the following:
- Monitor memory, CPU, disk I/O and network I/O
- VMware vCloud monitoring
- Get a vCloud-centric view of the Cloud infrastructure
With the Operations solution, you will significantly increase consolidation ratios with improved visibility and analytics that help you effectively manage virtual machine sprawl and reduce OPEX.
Avoid over or under-provisioning and improve VM density without impacting performance with expert advice on optimal CPU, memory, and storage requirements.
Discover powered-off VMs, zombie VMs, abandoned images, and unused templates and snapshots throughout your entire virtual infrastructure.
Implement optimisation advice and return wasted resources back to your resource pool immediately; you will save thousands in license fees, disk space, administrator time, and server utilisation.
Flexible automation allows you to reduce costs, speed deployments, and simplify complexity. User-controlled automation puts you in control, and it improves your productivity and efficiency.
VM lifecycle management
Deploy new VMs into an environment. Blue Turtle offers powerful automation capabilities that will enable you to decommission VMs and remove VM files that are unnecessary.
Launch automated workflows when you get an alarm; this will speed up the remediation of a performance problem.
Perform common VM administration tasks, such as start, stop, and pause – in the context of the objects being viewed.
Capacity and resource utilisation management
This feature offers the following:
- Effectively manage the growth of your virtual infrastructure by taking the guesswork out of capacity management, planning, VM placement and workload allocation.
- Intelligent analysis and automation capabilities help you predict future hardware resource requirements, reserve capacity for planned VM deployments, and auto-deploy VMs into reserved slots.
- Dynamic capacity planning helps you determine how to accommodate future workloads and allows “what-if” scenario modeling to accurately forecast CAPEX requirements.
For more information
Go beyond performance monitoring with expert capacity and resource utilisation, and configuration management. Take control of your dynamic virtual workloads.
- With Blue Turtle’s Operations solution, you can expect the following benefits:
- Achieve cost efficiency to improve VM density and administrator to VM ratios.
- Reduce operational expenditures (OPEX) through optimization of inefficiencies and waste caused by VM sprawl and zombie VMs.
- Optimise management of capital expenditures (CAPEX) with accurate capacity planning, scenario modeling, and resource utilisation management.
- Save time on routine IT administrative tasks with user-controlled automation.
- Reduce risk and manage compliance with detailed change management and cost analysis.
- Deliver on current and future SLAs to reduce MTTR and align to business goals.
- Support business growth with a highly scalable solution that allows monitoring of thousands of VMs.
- Standardise on one solution that provides a single-pane-of-glass view across multiple hypervisors and locations.