Blue Turtle has partnered with Libelle to offer replication tools that provide full data and application protection.
Synchronous or nearly synchronous data replication tools only protect against hardware failures (Hardware High Availability), but do not protect against software or user errors. Stretching the data replication tools to mirror over large distances helps to cover site failures (Disaster Recovery), but offers low data integrity and typically a poor Return on Investment (ROI). Manual backup and restore procedures provide the data integrity but lack reasonable Recovery Point and Recovery Time Objectives. In addition, the complexity of today’s application landscapes requires in-depth know-how of the detailed system architecture to get the systems back to life.
Libelle SystemCopy (LSC)
Libelle SystemCopy (LSC) reduces the challenges of system copies for SAP applications to the execution and monitoring of a pre-defined automated procedure. Once implemented, Libelle SystemCopy (LSC) provides a time-optimised and standardised implementation of the procedure, no matter when and how often while maintaining a high degree of flexibility even in changing environments.
BusinessShadow for SAP
BusinessShadow for SAP environments protects your applications, databases, file systems and data center sites. The solution reduces potential downtime and retrieves lost data within minutes, with the most recent and consistent set of data and without the need for restore procedures of backup media.
An SAP environment consists of the following most important components:
- SAP application and modules
- SAP data in the file systems (e.g. Java Stack, especially in ECC 6.0 / NetWeaver® 7 architectures)
- SAP database and application servers
If only one of these components fails, you will not be able to continue working with your SAP system. RAID and cluster technology are very often the choice to protect SAP environments. But these technologies only protect from physical failures (e.g. storage or CPU breakdown), not from problems in terms of data consistency. If additionally a disaster protection concept with distant data centers should be realised with these technologies, cost very often exceeds benefits.
Libelle SystemCopy (LSC) allows you to easily perform fully automated and optimised SAP system copies with the following:
- Low manual overhead
- Quick processing
- Consistent results
- Maximum degree of automation
- Significantly reduced processing costs
This solution offers time-delayed data mirroring that provides the following:
- Best possible protection from the consequences of all types of errors: Hardware and logical failures (e.g. software and human error, faulty batch jobs, sabotage) as well as disasters (e.g. fire, flood, power blackout).
- Continuous and consistent backup of your databases and file systems.
- Protection of centralised SAP environments and dependent or independent sub systems (SAP or Non-SAP).
- Protection of heterogeneous hardware and database environments with any combination of Sybase-, Oracle, DB2, MSSQL, or MaxDB databases.
- Automated failover processes for applications and databases.
- Amazingly fast error recovery after failover to the mirror system. Continue to work with the most recent, consistent set of data after a corruption.
- Absolute distance independency between production and mirror system due to TCP/IP mirroring with minimum bandwidth requirement.
- Automatic allocation of virtual IP addresses/hostnames to the mirror system
- Usability of the mirror systems for additional purposes (e.g. creation of system copies, backups, reportings) without any impact on the production systems during normal operations.
- Expedient hardware exploitation of mirror systems during normal operation in different, additional function (e.g. DEV or QS systems, additional application server for load balancing).
- Minimum of manual intervention on application level.
- Extremely easy operation via a graphical user interface (GUI); specific administration know-how is not required.
- Hardware independency.
- Standardised connection to monitoring tools, e.g. Icinga, Nagios, etc.
This unique combination of log-file based mirroring (DBShadow®), flat file mirroring (FSShadow®) and IP-switching capabilities (SwitchApplication) makes BusinessShadow the “middle road” between SAN replication and standby databases.
Solutions offered by Blue Turtle’s technology partner, Libelle, reduce the risk of data loss, minimise application downtime, and provide amazingly fast error recovery. Our solutions are easy-to-use and cost-effective; they protect your applications, databases, file systems and data center sites independent from the cause and consequence of the incident: hardware failure, corrupt data, software error or human error. At the same time, even the distance and network between your production and backup system means no boundary. The secret is the time-delayed data mirroring with minimum bandwidth requirements. Our solutions are simple, secure and fast.
Blue Turtle’s technology partner, Radware, understands that customer satisfaction, employee productivity, business agility, and revenue all hinge on business-critical applications working as expected. Their solutions boost the performance of business critical applications – from providers such as Microsoft, SAP, Oracle, IBM and VMware.
Radware’s application performance monitoring and application acceleration solutions help with a unique set of products.
The Radware Application Performance Monitoring tool (APM) helps proactively maintain application performance and protect SLAs with visibility by application, location or specific transaction. This application performance monitoring tool allows you to be the first person in the company to know when something is wrong, and gives insight to pinpoint the source of the problems immediately – and get them fixed fast.
Libelle Business Shadow