Unified Traffic Visibility
Monitoring and visibility are essential for application and network performance management, intrusion detection or prevention systems, VoIP monitors, data recorders, and traditional network analysers.Visibility provides insight and control of network traffic from devices and applications, across physical, virtual and SDN environments, as well as private and public clouds. A unified monitoring infrastructure not only simplifies and automates network traffic visibility, but also provides built-in intelligence.
Gigamon provides an intelligent Visibility Fabric architecture to enable the management of increasingly complex networks.
Gigamon technology empowers infrastructure architects, managers and operators with pervasive visibility and control of traffic across both physical and virtual environments without affecting the performance or stability of the production network.
The Gigamon Visibility Fabric sits between the IT infrastructure and the monitoring tools that need the access to data. Through patented technologies and centralized management, the Gigamon GigaVUE® portfolio of high availability and high density fabric nodes intelligently delivers the appropriate network traffic to management, analysis, compliance, and security tools., coupled with changing network topologies and moving parts of the stack, enterprises are finding it challenging to design a comprehensive, future-proof architecture for their monitoring and visibility strategy.
For more information
From Built-in TAPs, packet filtering, and remote access to stacking, time stamping and ingress port labelling, the Gigamon Visibility Fabric offering is the most comprehensive access solution in the industry.
The Unified Traffic Visibility solution has the following features:
- Deep traffic-based insights:
Pervasive visibility into your physical, virtual andSDN infrastructure.
- Continuous protection from security threats:
Reliable always-on traffic access for your security infrastructure.
- Workflow acceleration:
Simultaneous (not sequential) evaluation and deployment of new monitoring technologies.
- Rapid insight and response:
Detect events in your infrastructure and automatically respond.
The Unified Visibility Fabric™ architecture is an innovative solution that delivers pervasive and dynamic visibility of network traffic across communication networks.
A Unified Visibility Fabric architecture can address the monitoring challenges facing today’s IT organizations.
You can expect the following benefits:
- Extend Visibility:Bridge islands of physical, virtual and eventually SDN worlds with end-to-end visibility for tools across campus, cloud, and service providers.
- Respond Dynamically:Modify network traffic out-of-band and add tools without impacting the production network. This architecture will provide an open environment through a set of forthcoming APIs and SDKs to be developed by Gigamon to address “just-in-time” responsiveness to real-time events that occur within the network through automation and orchestration.
- Improve ROI:Control traffic to avoid oversubscription, extend the life of 1Gb tools and ensure that the tools used to manage, analyze and secure the network receive the critical information they require to realise their full potential.
- Reduce Costs:Centralise tools to reduce CAPEX; simplify management to reduce OPEX with a flexible policy engine that enables parallel monitoring policies to serve multiple departments simultaneously.
- Enable Scale:Invest in a solution that can grow to address future needs as your network grows from 1Gb to 10Gb, 40Gb or 100Gb, and evolves from physical to virtual to eventually SDN environments.