With power, cooling and equipment costs rising, it is imperative that you reduce expenses associated with operating IT assets.
For example, did you know that by raising rack air intake temperatures by just 1 degree we can reduce data center power costs by as much as 2% annually? Consider the savings you can realise through environmental monitoring by raising these temperatures by just 4 or 5 degrees.
To safely reduce IT-related operational expenses, we need to balance those savings against IT equipment reliability. If we increase temperatures too much, we might sacrifice long-term IT equipment reliability for short-term savings. RF Code accomplishes this balancing act by providing industry leading real-time wire-free sensors, software and metrics that enable the real-time, fine-grained wire-free environmental monitoring you need to fine-tune the environments around IT equipment, while ensuring that the environment meets operational guidelines.
The result: reduced energy use without sacrificing IT equipment reliability.
RF Code’s environmental monitoring solution provides comprehensive sensor-based monitoring of the conditions that can adversely affect the efficient running of data centers and facilities and the assets they house.
Such conditions include heat, temperature, humidity, the presence of conductive liquids (detected by the market’s only sensor with an instant on-off capability), the failure of dry contact-enabled heating and cooling equipment, unauthorised access to assets and more. Unlike wireless solutions operating at higher frequencies, RF Code is extremely effective and efficient around metal, which is ideal for equipment-dense spaces including data centers. Unlike wired solutions, there is no costly cabling to install and reinstall if conditions change.
For more information
RF Code has the following features:
- Affordable, easy-to-deploy “peel and stick” environmental sensors.
- Protection against issues related to temperature, humidity, fluid detection, air pressure, rack level power usage and more
- Plug and play PDU power usage monitoring that requires no additional Ethernet connection.
- Flexible configuration for affordable, complete coverage.
- Real-time alerting & monitoring to reduce costs while increasing availability.
- A BIRT-based Advanced Reporting Module that enables users to turn different types of environmental data into easy to view and read bar charts, scatter grams, pie charts and more.
- The capability to create and Bookmark frequently accessed filters and views, enabling fast access to frequently used data.
- Interactive, on demand graphing that enables users to quickly create graphs that help users spot trends and emerging situations without having to drill down to create a full report.
- Thresholding that allows scheduling monitoring alerts for specific dates and times only.
RFCode is the market’s most affordable environmental monitoring solution because of its:
- Low cost sensors powered by small, inexpensive and long-lasting batteries
- Quick and easy “peel and stick” approach to deployment, requiring little to no “expert” help in implementing, usually within a few hours
- Dual-use infrastructure that can be leveraged to quickly add asset management capabilities without having to add additional infrastructure
- Flexible software that users can easily configure to meet their unique monitoring needs. This reduces the time it traditionally takes to learn and use software to respond to individual customer needs.
For more information